pangalan: 1,3-butadiene; but-1,3-diene; biethylene
CAS Number: 106-99-0
Molar Mass: 54.09044 g
State of Matter: colorless gas
mass Percent: C 88.819 %; H 11.180 %
isomers: but-1-yne* • but-2-yne*
Paggamit / Function
• "Virtually all of the 1,3-butadiene produced is used in the manufacture of polymers. Polybutadiene itself is too soft for most industrial rubber uses. So it is sometimes mized with other polymers to make producrs with a variety of desirable qualities. Or it is polymerized with other monomers to make specialized copolymers. One of the most popular of the mixed polymers is polystyrene-polybutadiene. The second polymer in this mixture, polystyrene, is a polymer of the compound styrene (C6H5CH=CH2). Some other uses of 1,3-butadiene inlcude: Raw material in the manufacture of fungicides such as Captan and Captofol; Manufacture of latex adhesives; Production of domestic products, such as the backing on nylon carpet, appliance and electrical equipment, and luggage; Manufacture of industrial products, such as piping and conduits." 1
• "As component in the manuf[acture] of of polymers such as synthetic rubbers, plastics, resins. As a chemical intermediate for the production of many industrial materials; in the manuf[acture] of adiponitrile." 2
• "A copolymer of styrene and butadiene, made with a 1-to-3 ratio of these raw materials, is the most important synthetic rubber now made; more than about 1.3×109 kg of styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) is produced each year in the United States for making tires." 3
pisikal na Katangian
Temperatura ng pagkatunaw:*
-108.9°C 4 = 164.25 K = -164.02°F
Punto ng pag-kulo:*
-4.4°C 4 = 268.75 K = 24.08°F
0.6149 at 25°C 4
* - 1 atm pressure
bahagyang natutunaw: 4
miscible: • • 4
Double Bonds: 2
triple Bonds: 0
Sigma Bonds: 9
Pi Bonds: 2
carboxyl Grupo: 0
hydroxyl Grupo: 0
paghahalo ng lahi: single bonded carbons are sp3; double bonded carbons are sp2
bonding: polar covalent
Ionic Character: 10.61 %
CxHyOz + 0.25(4x+y-2z) O2 (g) → x CO2 (g) + 0.5y H2O (ℓ)
ΔHcomb° (g): -607.475 kcal = -2541.69472 kJ
Para sa karagdagang impormasyon
Greg Spellman, Geography 83, 372-377 (1998)
MaryBeth Smuts, Public Health Rep 116, 58-60 (2001)
Marjorie Sun, Science 230, 153 (1985)
(1) - Schlager, Neil, Weisblatt, Jayne, Newton, David E., and Montney, Charles B. Chemical Compounds Vol. 1; Thomson-Gale: Detroit, MI, 2006; p 3.
(2) - The Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and Biologicals, 13th ed.; Budavari, S.; O'Neil, M.J.; Smith, A.; Heckelman, P. E.; Kinneary, J. F., Eds.; Merck & Co.: Whitehouse Station, NJ, 2001; entry 1498.
(3) - Kotz and Treichel. Chemistry & Chemical Reactivity, 4th ed.; Thomson Brooks/Cole: Belmont, CA, 1999; p 524.
(4) - Lide, David R. CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 83rd ed.; CRC Press: Boca Raton, FL, 2002; p 3-88.
(5) - Dean, John A. Lange's Handbook of Chemistry, 12th ed.; McGraw-Hill Book Company: New York, NY, 1979; p 9:68.
(6) - Dean, John A. Lange's Handbook of Chemistry, 12th ed.; McGraw-Hill Book Company: New York, NY, 1979; p 9:68.
(7) - Dean, John A. Lange's Handbook of Chemistry, 12th ed.; McGraw-Hill Book Company: New York, NY, 1979; p 9:68.