Name: dimethylglyoxime; diacetyl dioxime; Chugaev's reagent
CAS Number: 95-45-4
Molar Mass: 116.11852 g
Mass Percent: C 41.373 %; H 6.9442 %; N 24.124 %; O 27.557 %
• "Detection and determination of Ni and its separation fro Co and many other metals. Forms a scarlet red ppt [precipitate] with Ni even in dil[ute] sol[utio]ns. Separation of Pd from Sn, Au, Rh, and Ir, also to detect Bi with which it forms a bright yellow color ppt." 1
• "A well known reagent in analytical chemistry..." 2
For More Information
(1) - The Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals, Drugs, and Biologicals, 13th ed.; Budavari, S.; O'Neil, M.J.; Smith, A.; Heckelman, P. E.; Kinneary, J. F., Eds.; Merck & Co.: Whitehouse Station, NJ, 2001; entry 3272.
(2) - Kotz, John C. and Purcell, Keith F. Chemlstry and Chemlcal Reactivity, 2nd ed.; CBS College Publishing: New York. NY, 1987; p 98.
(3) - Kotz, John C., Treichel, Paul, and Weaver, Gabriela. Chemistry & Chemical Reactivity 6th ed.; Thomson Brooks/Cole: Belmont, CA, 2006; p 161.