Name: sodium hypochlorite
CAS Number: 7681-52-9
Molar Mass: 74.44217 g
Mass Percent: Na 30.882 %; Cl 47.624 %; O 21.492 %
• "[Solutions] are very effective in removing fruit and other stains, and as an aid in laundering." 1
• "Disinfection [in chemical water analysis]" 2
For More Information
(1) - Brownlee, Raymond B., Fuller, Robert W., and Whitsit, Jesse E. Elements of Chemistry; Allyn and Bacon: Boston, Massachusetts, 1959; p 162.
(2) - Hammer, Mark J. Water and Wastewater Technology, 2nd ed.; Prentice Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1986; p 9.
(3) - Atkins, Jones, and Laverman. Chemical Principles 6th ed.; W.H. Freeman and Company: New York, NY, 2013; p F94.